Friday, May 3, 2024

GRIEF BITES

 



Grief bites I thought you knew.

Thought you knew that leaving was not you.

Leaving without saying goodbye,

without explaining why

was unacceptable.


Grief steals taking joy leaving pain.

Leaving pain, tears like rain.

Tears raining, soaking my spirit,

a spirit that once lived for you

Is now dead,


Grief bites like rain.

Wet and then dries.

Disappearing when the sun rises

as if it was never there.


Grief bites like wine.

Leaving behind a bitter taste

and a stain like memories.

Like taunting.


Grief hurts, it leaves us bare I thought you knew.

Thought you’d never go without saying goodbye.

Grief is that last sip of Rosé or

Chardonnay. 


I drained the glass for you; my last testament

that I loved you when you were here and

I Love you more now that you’re gone.

Cheers to the memory of you!



Photo credit: Julia Kadel

No comments:

Post a Comment